Refurbishment of 48″ Axial Flow Fans
Two 48″ axial flow fans were returned to CFM’s premises for complete overhaull. The fans were not running and required works to fan, motor and case to return them to opperational conditions.
Works completed on the fans as follows:
- Existing cases shotblasted and galvanized
- Motor pad mounts manufactured and galvanized
- Aluminum anti-spark rings removed and replaced with new
- All fixings replaced with new
- Copper grease lines replaced with new
- Motor overhaul including comprehensive static electrical tests with report summary, dismantle & clean, stove dry & re-varnish winding overhangs, supply and fit replacement bearings and seals.
- Once complete motors subject to no-load test and full re paint.
- Motor overhaul carried out in accordance with BS EN IEC60079-19 for Hazardous Area Ex equipment
- Impellers fine blast cleaned and NDT tested
- Impellers independently balanced to grade G2.5 and certificates issued
- Fans were rebuilt and run test with final test report issued
All the above was completed within the clients schedule for the return of the fans to operation.